Principal’s Message – October 2, 2017
Dear Hoover families,
It was a beautiful weekend. I hope you enjoyed the nice weather. On Friday, we had our PBIS celebration near the end of the day. The students created “happy” chalk messages and pictures to welcome visitors to Hoover.
Congratulations to Nate V. and Annabel B. in 5th grade. Both placed in the 10 and under division at the Run to Read 5k last weekend. Nate got 1st place and Anabel got 2nd place. Congratulations to all of the Hoover students and families who participated in the Run to Read. Our very own Herbie ran in the mascot race and represented Hoover as well. It’s nice to see to so much support from our school community!
If you haven’t joined the PTA, it’s not too late. Membership is only $7.00. Thank you to the PTA for all the support they have given Hoover this year. They do so much for our school!
Here are some important dates to remember
- iWalk/iBike to School is Tuesday, October 3. We encourage all of our students, if possible, to walk or ride their bikes to school. This is an effort to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on October 5th and 6th.
- There is an early dismissal on October 5th at 11:40.
- There is no school on October 6th.
- No School on October 9th in observance of Columbus Day.
You may have noticed that many of our classrooms have Instagram accounts and more keep joining. This is a great way to stay informed about what is going on in the classroom. Many teachers post pictures and information daily. You can follow my Instagram account at theeyesofthehawk.
Schaumburg Parent University – October classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for October.
- Back-to-School Power Moves. Former Illinois PTA President Matthew Rodriguez will provide tips for parents to help support learning at home. This presentation is for adults only, but free childcare is available. The program is from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 12 in the District 54 Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Presented in cooperation with the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs.
- Escape Room: Family Math Night. Parents and children in kindergarten through sixth grade will use math and logical thinking to unlock clues and solve problems. This hands-on activity will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
If you are interested in attending these free events, please click on the links. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu.
Here is the link to the latest edition of the Hoover Hawk: Hoover Hawk #5
Have a great week!