Principal’s Message – October 10, 2017
Dear Hoover families,
I hope you enjoyed the extra long weekend. The weather was beautiful.
Here are some important dates to remember
- PTA Meeting – October 10 at 7:00 pm
- Hoover Family Fun Run – October 21 at 10:00 am
- Halloween Parties – October 31
You may have noticed that many of our classrooms have Instagram accounts and more keep joining. This is a great way to stay informed about what is going on in the classroom. Many teachers post pictures and information daily. You can follow my Instagram account at theeyesofthehawk. Here is the link to our webpage listing all the social media accounts at Hoover: Hoover Social Media
Schaumburg Parent University – October classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for October.
- Back-to-School Power Moves. Former Illinois PTA President Matthew Rodriguez will provide tips for parents to help support learning at home. This presentation is for adults only, but free childcare is available. The program is from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 12 in the District 54 Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Presented in cooperation with the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs.
- Escape Room: Family Math Night. Parents and children in kindergarten through sixth grade will use math and logical thinking to unlock clues and solve problems. This hands-on activity will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
If you are interested in attending these free events, please click on the links. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu.
District 54 launched an online report card at the end of last school year. Everyone who has a parent portal account will be able to see their children’s report cards online by November 21, 2017. All parents and guardians who have not previously created a portal account but have supplied District 54 with an email address will receive an email during the first week of October with a direct link to sign up for the portal. If you do not receive an email but would like to create a portal account, please contact our office. If you are unable to access the parent portal and require a paper copy of your student’s report card, please contact our office.
District 54 Education Foundation – Upcoming Support Opportunity
Throughout the month of October, when you dine at Salata at 140 E. Golf Road in Schaumburg and “salute” the District 54 Education Foundation at checkout, 15 percent of your bill will be donated to the Foundation.
Thank you to everyone who supported the Foundation last month by dining at Lou Malnati’s in Schaumburg and to everyone who attended the Schaumburg-Hoffman Lions Club and Schaumburg A.M. Rotary Club Foundation’s Trivia for a Cause event. We are so appreciative of the community partners who help us make a difference in the lives of District 54 students!
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.d54foundation.org.
Here is the link to the latest edition of the Hoover Hawk: Hoover Hawk #6
Have a great week!