A Message from Mrs. Rosenblum
Dear HMSA Families,
We are incredibly excited to see you and your family this week. On behalf of the entire HMSA staff, we welcome you to a new school year. Many amazing opportunities are awaiting your child!
Meet and Greet Day
Please join us on Friday, August 17 from 2:00-2:45 to meet your teacher, see your classroom and drop off your school supplies.
- Student safety patrols should stop by the gym entrance to pick up their patrol vests and schedule from Mrs. Leam.
- Our support staff will be available in the library for anyone that would like to say hello. This includes our EL team members, our coaches and our child study team members including our new psychologist, Theresa Slavik, our new social worker, Judy Janes and our new special services teacher, Pam Kowalczyk. We hope you can come by to meet them.
We have several new staff members joining our team this year. Thank you for making them feel welcome.
- Andrea Smith, 3rd Grade
- Shannon Thodos, 5th Grade
- Julie Raimondi, 6th Grade
- Pam Kowalczyk, SST
- Ariana Carbone, Lit Coach
- Theresa Slavik, Psychologist
- Judy Janes, Social Worker
- Ashley Prosser, PT
- Hillary Davis, OT
- Sierra Creevy, Itinerant LRT
- Lisa Pollastrini, LRA
- Kristina Macnider, District Lit Coach
- Eric Strasser, District Digital Learning Coach
First Day of School
We look forward to welcoming all students in Grades 1-6 on Monday, August 20. Kindergarten students will begin on Monday, August 27.
Hoover Happening & Curriculum Night
We are combining these two wonderful events! It will take place on Wednesday, August 29. The schedule for Curriculum Night/Hoover Happening looks like this:
- 5:30-7:30 – Hoover Happening occurs the entire time, outside on the playground with families
- 4:45-5:15 – Chromebook Informational Session#1 in the library for parents of 5th and 6th graders
- 5:30-6:00 – Curriculum session #1 in classrooms
- 6:00-6:30 – Transition time to answer individual questions or time to visit with families
- 6:30-7:00 – Curriculum session #2 in classrooms
- 7:05-7:35 – Chromebook Informational Session #2 in the library for parents of 5th and 6th graders
Curriculum session #2 will be a repeat of session #1 so that families that have more than one child have an opportunity to go to two classrooms. The Chromebook session #2 will also be a repeat of session #1 so families can choose the time that best fits their schedule. Parents and students are welcome to attend all sessions.
Just a reminder that our office is closed today, Tuesday, August 14 as all staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. The office will reopen on Wednesday, August 15 at 8:00AM.
8/17 Meet & Greet 2:00-2:45pm
8/20 First Day of School for Grades 1-6
8/27 First Day of School for Kindergarten
8/29 Hoover Happening & Curriculum Night