6th Grade Roman Newspaper Project Outline
EDITOR IN CHIEF:________________________________
The editor in Chief is in charge of creating the main layout of the front page of the newspaper with assistance.
- Help to assign students in different groups
- Make sure students in your group are meeting deadlines (meet with Section editors)
- Assist in research where needed
- Read articles for editing.
- Approve newspaper page formats, comics, and advertisements
ADDITIONAL EDITORS ________________________________
- Make sure that everyone is making their deadlines
- Read, revise and edit articles
- communicate with the editor in chief of your progress
NEWSPAPER PAGES – Each newspaper page will be created the members of each group.
- Design layout of individual newspaper page
- Write, edit and double check articles submitted
- find graphics when needed for an article
- add photos and captions as needed
- When not designing, fill time by creating extras like comics, games and advertisements.
- Assist in writing articles
Etruscans Sporting Events
Letters to the editor (opinions on current events)
“Why do you think it was right for Julius Ceasar to declare himself dictator of Rome?”
“Why were the cruel actions of Roman leaders make many Christians hold on to their beliefs so strongly?”
Advice Column (people asking questions that need an answer)
“Dear Hera, …”
Needs to be Roman related
You can pretend that someone writes in a question to the editor and you can repond with a factual response.
Greco Roman Art
Estates – Latifundium
TRAVEL AND LEISURE PAGE
Ancient Sites to see
Geography (General Description, Mount Vesusvius, Pompeii, The Alps and Apennines)
Weather and Seasons
WORLD NEWS & HISTORY PAGE
Economics (Money, jobs, trade)
Architecture (Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Temples)
Fashion (Armor, Jewelry)